Friday 1 August 2008

Grand National 2008 Finishing Orders

First
Comply Or Die (7-1 joint-favourite)
Jockey Timmy Murphy: "It's everybody's dream to win the National. David [Pipe, trainer] prepared him fabulously and said he was a certainty and wouldn't get beat, so what more can you ask for?"
Second
King Johns Castle (20-1) four lengths behind
Paul Carberry: “I was a bit short at the second-last but he winged the last and I thought I was going to pick Timmy [Murphy] up at the Elbow. But he pulled out a bit more. The whole way up the straight I thought I was going to get there."
Third
Snowy Morning (16-1) 1½l
David Casey: "He ran great, he jumped super and I just wish I had held on to him a bit longer, but he gave me a super ride. When Hedgehunter won I'd schooled him round for Ruby (Walsh) the year before and the same might happen again."
Fourth
Slim Pickings (10-1) 16l
Barry Geraghty: "He ran a blinder, I had a great spin off him and I just said to the lads it is the best craic you'll have all year. He's only nine so hopefully he'll be back next year."
Fifth
Bewleys Berry 8l
Denis O'Regan: "A brilliant run. I got a great run and he jumped great. He probably didn't get home, but he's run to his mark

No comments: